It is important to keep your copy of Easy Books updated. We are always working to make the app better, making improvements to the performance or usability, adding new features and most importantly, fixing problems.
How do I update?
Just open the "App Store" app and tap the Updates tab at the bottom.
Version 11.5.7 - 11 May 2018
- Fixed an issue affecting the Transactions By Category report, which caused the toolbar buttons to be disabled on iPad in landscape.
- Fixed an issue preventing receipts showing for payment transactions with splits in different categories (eg cash, bank).
Version 11.5.6 - 11 Apr 2018
- When displaying the list of statements, the latest statement in the list is scrolled into view.
Version 11.5.5 - 6 Mar 2018
- Fixed an issue in the transaction form. This could cause delays when selecting accounts.
- Improved currency selection, adding a search bar and improving layout.
- Added keyboard support to the attachments screen.
Version 11.5.4 - 20 Feb 2018
- Added a search bar to the currency selection screens.
Version 11.5.3 - 16 Feb 2018
- Improved the selection of default currency to show when adding a transaction in an account using a foreign currency (Gold Plan only).
Version 11.5.2 - 1 Feb 2018
- Improvements to Online Syncing. Fixes a problem where changes made offline could be transmitted out of sequence and cause conflict errors.
Version 11.5.1 - 30 Jan 2018
- Changes to hardware keyboard shortcut. Use Cmd + Backspace for Cancel, and Cmd + Return for Save.
- Fixed an issue affecting online syncing on some devices.
Version 11.5 - 26 Jan 2018
- Added hardware keyboard support. If you're using the app on an iPad with Smart Keyboard, tap and hold the Cmd key on any screen for a list of shortcut keys!
- Improvements to UI, especially for first time users.
Version 11.4 - 7 Dec 2017
- Added an option to set an end date for repeating transactions.
- Added an "All Transactions" list for the Customer and Supplier screens.
- Other small UI fixes compatibility with iPhone X and iOS 11.
Version 11.3.3 - 6 Nov 2017
- Added Face ID support for iPhone X.
- Added in-app help for invoice, estimate and statement screens.
Version 11.3.2 - 5 Nov 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting reports running on the iPhone SE
- Fixed an issue affecting the document scanner on the iPhone X
Version 11.3.1 - 3 Nov 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting Profit & Loss date selection. With "Custom" selected, the start and end dates should both have been displayed.
Version 11.3 - 1 Nov 2017
- New options added to reports. Select from some preset date ranges rather than set the dates manually. Each report remembers its settings to save time when you're switching from one report to another.
- Added an option to sort accounts in the reports by name or by amount.
Version 11.2 - 25 Sep 2017
- Added support for copying and deleting multiple attachments.
- Improved UI for viewing attached files. Tap to view an attachment, long-press to copy or delete.
Version 11.1 - 23 Sep 2017
- Support added for new iPhone hardware.
- Attachments can now be added to accounts and products as well as transactions, estimates and statements.
- Improvements to the document scanner. Better recognition for tall and narrow receipts.
- Added copy and paste support for attachments. Copy content from another app, open Easy Books and paste as an attachment.
- Added an option to use online backup when creating a new business.
- Local backups are created automatically by Easy Books when you delete a business. Backup files have always been available via iTunes File Sharing and are now also made available via the Files app.
- Improved display of items in the Statement screen.
- Improved History display in the Online Syncing screen.
- UI changes, e.g. iPad portrait mode now uses swipe gesture to display menu.
Version 11 - 19 Sep 2017
- Attachments. For Gold Plan customers, attach photos, PDF and text documents to transactions, estimates and statements. When you prepare an estimate, attach your calculations so you can refer to it if you need to. Take photos of receipts and attach them to your expense entries. And when you've reconciled a statement, attach the bank's copy as source information.
- Added drag & drop support. Drag from Contacts into the Customers screen or drag transactions into Files or Notes to store a PDF.
- Updates to UI for search and calculator.
Version 10.2.5 - 17 Aug 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting the Balance Sheet. Certain conditions could cause the figure for 'Total Assets' in the comparison report to be calculated incorrectly. If a figure in 'Current Assets and Liabilities' appeared as an asset in one year and liability in another, total asset values in the comparison report were shown incorrectly.
Version 10.2.4 - 10 Jul 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting stock qty and value shown in the stock list. After entering a purchase or sale, the values were not immediately updated.
Version 10.2.3 - 20 Jun 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting listing of unpaid invoices. Payment transactions should have been excluded from the list.
Version 10.2.2 - 16 Jun 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting VAT selection in the transaction form.
Version 10.2.1 - 14 Jun 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting the Accounts list. This was not updated immediately after changes were made to the "Show Inactive Items" setting.
Version 10.2 - 12 Jun 2017
- Speed improvements of 30% or greater when showing lists and editing transactions. If you have over 50,000 transactions or 10,000 accounts, you'll notice the difference!
- Added a query cache system to further speed up responsiveness.
- Improved search functionality to include customer detail fields (email address, invoice address and notes).
- Improved the time taken to restore from backup or start syncing a new business.
Version 10.1 - 25 May 2017
- Improved searching in transactions. The details field is now searched as well as the main description field.
- Search transactions by date or range of dates.
- Thank you for your feedback! See April 2017 Survey Results.
Version 10.0.8 - 6 Apr 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting receipts for partial payments. When sending a receipt for a sale that was partially paid and has subsequently been fully paid, the amount on the receipt incorrectly showed the total amount paid. For invoices fully paid in one payment, the invoice details are shown on the receipt. For partial payments, only the amount paid is shown.
Version 10.0.7 - 4 Apr 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting payments received in foreign currencies. When adding a payment for an invoice in a foreign currency, Easy Books should use the same currency as the original sale or purchase.
Version 10.0.6 - 23 Mar 2017
- Added an option to include subscription features in shared businesses. This means your accountant does not need to purchase their own subscription to use the app you choose the sharing mode 'full access'.
- Added XAF (Central African CFA Franc) currency.
- Fixed an issue in transaction ordering, placing the latest transaction created after transactions of the same date.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the UI from immediately updating after a subscription was purchased.
Version 10.0.5 - 8 Mar 2017
- Improved backup and restore screens.
- Improved the process of creating foreign currency estimates and sales for stock and services.
- Online Syncing always appears in the menu to allow access to "My Account" and to provide feedback when the amber or red status light appears.
- Added options under app preferences to show or hide the amber and red warnings. Amber indicates a business has no online copy, red indicates a manual backup is overdue.
- Internal improvements to Online Syncing.
Version 10.0.4 - 10 Feb 2017
- You can now set a delay before your passcode (or fingerprint) is required to re-open Easy Books.
Version 10.0.3 - 26 Jan 2017
- Improved the performance of adding a payment to an invoice, especially for invoices with large numbers of line items.
- Improved the UI when signing in, and choosing a business for download from Online Sync.
Version 10.0.2 - 16 Jan 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting the balance column in foreign currency accounts where an opening balance has been set.
- Added more descriptive text to the Online Syncing screen when the status is orange or red.
Version 10.0.1 - 3 Jan 2017
- Changed wording of the sign up page to make it clearer past customers who have purchased add-ons are able to keep them. All we're doing is making sure your past purchases are safely linked to your online account because there is no longer a restore button in the app.
Version 10 - 31 Dec 2016
- Version 10 changes the pricing model of Easy Books. We no longer offer add-ons as separate one-time fees on each platform. Features are now available on a subscription basis and work on both iOS and Mac for a low monthly fee.
- Removed 'attach photo' feature on iPhone. Existing photos are still accessible via iTunes sharing.
Version 9.5.2 - 1 Nov 2016
- Improvements to VoiceOver, especially when editing transactions.
- Improvements to how values are pre-filled when adding a new transaction. Easy Books will learn based on previous entries, now also making use of transactions in the same account category.
- Improvements to statements. When an invalid statement date is set, a warning message will help identify why the date cannot be used.
Version 9.5.1 - 20 Oct 2016
- Fixed an issue affecting backup and restore. When transferring a backup from one device to another using Airdrop, the receiving device could quit unexpectedly if a passcode was set up.
Version 9.5 - 15 Oct 2016
- Improvements to invoices and estimates. Line item amounts are shown including tax when the Amount Entry preference is set to "Including tax".
Version 9.4.1 - 4 Oct 2016
- Added auto-completion options to the purchase invoice field.
- Improved in-app help page load times.
Version 9.4 - 27 Sep 2016
- Added auto-completion options to the description field. This might save you time if you enter the same descriptions regularly. For example, "Paid credit card", or "Postage".
Version 9.3.5 - 9 Sep 2016
- A few more internal changes for compatibility with iOS 10.
- Fixed an issue affecting the currency symbol appearing in the "each" column of an invoice.
- Fixed an issue affecting estimates created in a different currency than the customer account. You can now choose which currency to use in an estimate, regardless of the currency of your customer account or your business.
Version 9.3.4 - 26 Aug 2016
- Further changes for compatibility with iOS 10.
Version 9.3.3 - 12 Aug 2016
- Fixed an issue affecting foreign currency payments received from a customer which includes defined fees as a split in line 2. Digits typed into line 2 appeared duplicated (as if typed twice).
- Fixed an issue affecting the 'All Stock Products' list where transactions contained splits of more than one product line.
Version 9.3.1 - 13 Jul 2016
- Updated for compatibility with iOS 10.
Version 9.3 - 25 May 2016
- Changed the Balance Sheet report to show Investment accounts under the heading "Long-term assets".
- Fixed an issue affecting CSV files exported from the Monthly Breakdown report. When budget figures were included and percentage differences were greater than one thousand percent, the formatting was incorrect leading to extra cells appearing.
- Fixed an issue affecting the Monthly Breakdown report. When running the report for periods of 24 months or longer, the number of months was incorrect, leading to incorrect average (per month) figures.
Version 9.2 - 8 Mar 2016
- Improvements to Online Sync. All updates are cross-checked after the database changes have been committed.
- Improvements to organisation of accounts. Accounts can now be moved from one container to another, or from their basic category into a container and vice-versa regardless of whether they have statements. This would otherwise lock the account into a single category or container.
Version 9.1 - 4 Jan 2016
- Added the currency XCD (East Caribbean Dollar).
- Added an option to turn off plain-speaking terms and instead use terms such as "Debit" and "Credit". This option is available under advanced settings (tap and hold Settings).
- Added an option to navigate quickly back to the menu screen on iPhone (tap and hold the Back button).
- Fixed an issue affecting the Qty field when entering sales. When using the in-built calculator to divide by a fractional amount between zero and one, the calculator could fail, incorrectly reporting a divide by zero error.
- Fixed an issue affecting the presentation of aggregate sales and purchases in the VAT report. VAT was correctly reported in the main report and calculation, but if the sum of transactions per expense or income account was zero, the VAT was not displayed in the tables of aggregated sales and purchases.
Version 9.0.3 - 5 Dec 2015
- Improved the display of currency amounts. When a three letter currency code is used the extra padding before the first digit helps make the amount more easily legible.
- Improved behaviour of the sales list screen. Previously editing an item on the same date as another item would re-order it to the bottom of the list.
- Fixed an issue affecting the Qty field. Under some conditions of region setting and entering fractional amounts, the value would be rounded down.
Version 9.0.2 - 25 Nov 2015
- Fixed an issue affecting the Trial Balance report. If foreign currency accounts were grouped under a container the gains/losses figure was incorrectly reported.
- Fixed an issue where restoring from a backup containing foreign currency accounts may have caused the application to become unresponsive.
- Fixed a sync issue affecting the display of foreign currency balances in Accounts screen. Under certain conditions the balance was shown incorrectly after syncing changes. The issue was mitigated by running the Trial Balance report, which notices and fixes discrepancies.
- Fixed an issue affecting viewing transactions shared via sync in read-only mode. This could cause the app to quit unexpectedly. The issue was mitigated by running the Trial Balance report, which notices and fixes discrepancies.
Version 9.0.1 - 18 Nov 2015
- Exchange rates obtained from the web are cached in the app and added to the list of manually set exchange rates. * Fixed an issue affecting the display of amounts in reports when a comma is defined as the decimal separator in the device's region settings.
Version 9 - 6 Nov 2015
- Multiple-currency support. Easy Books now includes support for 150+ foreign currencies. Many people have requested this feature and we're very pleased to have been able to add it in a way that doesn't affect single-currency businesses. For more information about it, see Using Foreign Currencies.
- Time tracker hours per day can now be set as a decimal number of hours.
- Fixed an issue where reports saved as ZIP format may have contained a blank HTML file.
- Fixed an issue affecting stock and services where the default sales price was set excluding tax but could be presented as inclusive of tax on invoices.
- Fixed an issue affecting sending of invoices by email which meant the to, subject and body text was missing after updating from iOS 9 to iOS 9.1.
Version 8.3.4 - 15 Oct 2015
- Fixed an issue where deleting an unused account could cause the application to quit unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue where assigning an account category near the end of the list could cause the application to quit unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue where reconciling transactions from the end of the list could cause the application to quit unexpectedly.
Version 8.3.3 - 2 Oct 2015
- Fixed an issue affecting sending of invoices by email which meant the to, subject and body text was missing after updating to iOS 9.
Version 8.3.2 - 11 Jul 2015
- Transaction lists on the Customers and Suppliers screens can now be filtered by Paid and Unpaid instead of Locked and Unlocked.
- Minor changes to Profit and Loss report. Employee costs are now shown separately from the other indirect expenses.
- Fixed an issue where running the Profit and Loss report with cash accounting and no tax, income and expense accounts could cause the application to quit unexpectedly.
Version 8.3.1 - 2 Jun 2015
- The Profit and Loss report has been improved to show sub totals and gross profit.
- Fixed an issue affecting invoice layout for currencies that use a three letter currency code in place of a symbol.
Version 8.3 - 22 May 2015
- Invoices now include the currency code (ISO 4217) in the grand total line. Previously the app picked up the currency format from device settings. Whereas Easy Books is a single currency app, this prevented use of businesses with different exponents in the same device. For example, the British Pound contains 100 Pence, the Bahraini dinar is divided into 1,000 fils and the Vietnamese dong no longer uses a minor currency unit. A new business setting in Easy Books allows you to select the currency manually.
- The Profit and Loss report has been improved. You can now choose between accrual (standard) or cash basis accounting. When using cash accounting the value of unpaid invoices are applied as adjustments to the income and expenses. See the blog post Cash Accounting in Easy Books.
- Improved pre-filling of fields when entering a new transaction. The description text is now matched with previous entries and can be used as a cue for the app to pre-fill the other fields such as Account 2, amount and details.
- Customer and Supplier based reports now use today's date by default. Financial reports still run to the end of the open period.
- Non-billable hours in Time Tracker are now included in sales invoices.
- Fixed a UI issue affecting the translucent sidebar on Yosemite. When the menu bar was active the sidebar was not always properly redrawn, leaving opaque areas.
- Fixed an issue affecting CSV export. The Qty field was not filled in for product transactions.
- Fixed an issue affecting the VAT Rate field in the transaction form. Tapping and holding the field could cause the app to quit unexpectedly if additional VAT accounts had been created.
Version 8.2.4 - 15 May 2015
- Fixed an issue on iPad where the transaction form did not expand to cater for the VAT cells.
Version 8.2.3 - 8 May 2015
- Added a new detailed VAT Breakdown section to invoices.
- Improved display of selected product in transaction forms, moving the account to a second line under the product name.
- Minor UI changes on iPhone.
- Fixed an issue on the iPad where selecting a product in a transaction did not update the form to include the Qty field.
Version 8.2.2 - 2 May 2015
- Improved UI when entering split transactions on iPhone.
- Tap and hold VAT Rate to quickly select the standard VAT account.
- Tap and hold navigation buttons in reports to select a specific date or range for the report.
- Selecting "None" as the VAT account in a transaction now reads "Outside the Scope".
- Fixed an issue where sale transactions not linked to a VAT account were included in sales total. Transactions explicitly outside the scope of VAT are no longer included in this figure.
Version 8.2.1 - 7 Apr 2015
- Invoice total to pay is now presented as bold text to make it clearer for your clients to find the amount to pay.
- Improvements to report navigation.
- Added two small marks to estimates and invoices to make it easier to fold into thirds.
- Added support for bluetooth keyboards to the amount entry screen.
- The order of accounts in the accounts screen has changed, moving the income accounts above the expense accounts.
- Fixed an issue affecting the Estimates screen. The info button can be used to edit customer details.
Thank you for using Easy Books. If you like using the app, please consider leaving a review in the App Store to help other people find and enjoy it too!
Version 8.2 - 26 Feb 2015
- Added a new "VAT Transactions" report. This lists all the transactions that affect a VAT Return and can be run after the main report if you need to investigate the transactions that were used to prepare the report.
Version 8.1.7 - 2 Feb 2015
- Fixed an issue affecting the invoice signature. The signature was not shown if there were no payment terms.
- Fixed an issue affecting the copying of a sale with linked payments. Initially the new sale appeared with the PAID logo incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue affecting repeating transactions for payments received. These did not link to original sale.
- Fixed an issue affecting Time Tracker sales. The user preference for amounts to show amounts inclusive of tax could produce incorrect amounts in invoices. All rates should be defined as exclusive of tax and the preference should only change the way the amounts are presented on screen.
- Added in-app help for Accounts By Category report.
Version 8.1.6 - 23 Jan 2015
- Stability improvements.
Version 8.1.5 - 10 Jan 2015
- Minor UI fixes.
- Further improvements to performance of Online Sync. We've reduced the amount of data transferred per change by 63%, giving faster performance.
- Fixed an issue where conflicts could be produced on a device in error.
Version 8.1.4 - 13 Dec 2014
- Improvements to Online Syncing.
- Speed improvements to invoice number generation, especially for businesses with large numbers of existing invoices.
Version 8.1.3 - 5 Dec 2014
- Improvements to performance of Online Syncing, specifically when repeating transactions are created.
- Improvements to the Best Customers and Top Suppliers reports. These reports now include a breakdown of the invoices, credits, payments and refunds as well as the tax content.
Version 8.1.1 - 20 Nov 2014
- Fixed an issue where selecting an address book contact as a source for a customer account could cause the app to quit unexpectedly if the email address or postal address fields were left empty.
- Fixed minor issues in reports.
- Fixed an issue where syncing two businesses at the same time could cause the application to quit unexpectedly or hang if changes are downloaded at exactly the same time. This problem has already been mitigated by changes to the sync servers.
Version 8.1 - 13 Oct 2014
- Transactions not yet reconciled on a statement are listed in date order.
- Added a new "Accounts by Category" report. Run this report over a time range to show the new sales and payments received for customer accounts (for example), together with the accounts detail fields.
Version 8.0.2 - 4 Oct 2014
- Fixed an issue where a blank Accounts screen was shown if a passcode was set on an iPad in portrait orientation.
Version 8.0.1 - 3 Oct 2014
- Improved icons and buttons, especially for the iPhone 6 Plus.
- Fixed and issue affecting the Restore button when trying to restore a backup on iPhone.
Version 8 - 2 Oct 2014
- Adds support for new iPhone screen sizes.
- Sort transactions using the new sort button in the toolbar.
- Export all transactions shown in CSV format using the new share button in the toolbar.
- Use Touch ID to unlock Easy Books as well as a passcode.
- Customer statements now show the payment text unless the "Received with Thanks" custom label is filled in.
- "Transactions by Account" report totals include tax amounts where appropriate.
- Added a new "Transactions by Category" report.
- Improved performance of reports for users with large numbers of accounts.
Version 7.5 - 18 May 2014
- Added a new method to sign in to Online Syncing. Another of your devices nearby can link a new device to your Online Sync account.
- Credit note numbers are treated separately from sales and automatically incremented when creating a new credit.
- Improved Profit and Loss report when viewing contained accounts. Container accounts are shown on a separate line above to de-clutter the list of account names.
- Improved process of adding a business as a copy of an existing one. Customer balances are transferred as opening balances to the new business with a calculated VAT content which is used when calculating deferred VAT. This applies to copied businesses using the Cash VAT scheme.
- Stability improvements.
Version 7.4 - 25 Apr 2014
- More improvements to Online Syncing. Push Notifications are used to trigger the sync process.
Version 7.3 - 15 Apr 2014
- Improvements to Online Syncing. If you're not already using Online Sync to keep your data securely backed up and in sync, find out about the service and give it a try.
- Improved Cash Scheme VAT report for users filing their first period with opening balances set for customer accounts. No longer requires a manual adjustment when filing.
- Improvements to remittance advice. These now list the items on the original purchase invoice.
- Transactions dated in a filed VAT period but that don't affect the VAT report can now be added, edited and deleted. This takes the place of the previous behaviour of locking all transactions in a VAT period.
- Added warning message to the VAT report if running for a period later than the current one.
Version 7.2.2 - 13 Mar 2014
- Fixed an issue where the Sold column in Estimates was not updated to show estimates successfully converted to sales.
- Fixed an issue affecting cash scheme VAT where purchases not linked to a VAT account should not be used to apply adjustments for the cash scheme.
Version 7.2.1 - 11 Mar 2014
- Added French language support.
- Fixed an issue affecting Time Tracker on iPad where adding lines did not scroll the top of the list into view.
- Fixed an issue where VAT fields always appeared in the estimate form even when VAT was turned off for the business.
Version 7.2 - 11 Feb 2014
- Added an option to show all accounts in the Trial Balance report, including those with zero (nil) balance.
- Fixed an issue affecting delivery notes. The amount column is no longer displayed.
- Fixed an issue affecting the creation of sales from Time Tracker which could default to a product sale based on previous sales to the same customer.
Version 7.1.1 - 5 Feb 2014
- UI changes to "Send Invoice" button.
Version 7.1 - 26 Jan 2014
- Added support for partial payments.
- Sales invoices now include a payments received section in the PDF.
- A4 or US-Letter page sizes are available for invoices, estimates etc.
- Best Customers report separated from Customer Aged Debt report.
- Top Suppliers report separated from Supplier Aged Debt report.
- Added tax amount columns to Best Customers and Top Suppliers reports.
- Current Qty and Valuation are shown in the stock products list.
- Added PO (purchase order) reference for sales invoices.
- Added "Amount Each" column to invoices that show a Qty column.
- Changed sort order for reports that show contained accounts to group them together.
- Improved the system of defaulting the first VAT period end and first Year End dates. These are now based on the date of the first transaction.
- Changed account category names to use consistent plural form.
- Added clock button in reports screen to select date ranges.
- Fixed an issue affecting the cash balances in the Cash Flow report when container accounts used in the bank account category.
- Fixed an issue affecting stock adjustments where the stock value is increased.
- Fixed an issue in the Time Tracker for iPad affecting customer selection.
- Box 7 on VAT return (total purchases) does not include any purchases where the purchase VAT is set to "None".
Version 7.0.8 - 25 Nov 2013
- Added options in the Sales, Purchases and Transaction List screens to show locked, unlocked or all transactions. (Transactions are locked if they appear on a statement or are dated before the current tax period.)
- Added options in the Account List screens to list all accounts or only the accounts with a current balance.
- Added the built-in standard email sharing option for sending invoices, statements, reports and backups.
- Bug fixes and improvements including a fix for an issue that causes the app to display a grey screen if Airplane mode is turned on and a passcode is set.
Version 7.0.7 - 19 Nov 2013
- Fixed an issue in the Customer Aged Debt report where zero values were displayed. Sorry about this bug, it crept into performance improvement work for version 7.0.6.
Version 7.0.6 - 14 Nov 2013
- Added support for translation.
- Various UI improvements.
Version 7.0.5 - 6 Nov 2013
- Fixed an issue in Customer Invoicing where blank lines at the start of the address fields prevented the address field from displaying.
- Various UI improvements.
Version 7.0.4 - 22 Oct 2013
- Fixed an issue where creating a PDF invoice did not show detail lines starting with a new line.
Version 7.0.3 - 10 Oct 2013
- Performance improvements to Online Sync.
- Fixed issue affecting the terms field when displayed on invoices.
Version 7.0.2 - 23 Sep 2013
- Added badge indicator to show the number of changes still to be sent to the Online Sync service. This appears when offline as a reminder to allow the device to sync.
- PDF attachments are now sent as "text/pdf". This shows the correct outgoing icon in Mail and is more likely to be received by mail clients. However, this is a temporary workaround for a suspected bug in iOS 7 concerning the correct Media Type "application/octet-stream".
- Fixed issue where sending PDF receipts did not include the details from the original sale.
Version 7.0.1 - 21 Sep 2013
- PDF attachments are now sent as "application/pdf" to fix an issue where the attachment was incorrectly shown as a small box in Mail.
- Fixed an issue in Receive Payment that caused the app to quit unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue where restoring backups did not open the restore screen if a passcode was set and the main screen was not the active visible screen.
Version 7.0 - 18 Sep 2013
- Re-designed throughout, including support for interactive transitions, background fetch, dynamic type and AirDrop.
- Syncing now happens in the background, so any changes you made while out of service will be sent to the sync servers automatically later.
Version 6.1.4 - 23 Jul 2013
- Fixed an issue where the sales details field removed new-line characters.
Version 6.1.3 - 18 Jul 2013
- Fixed an issue where reports could display a blank page if transactions were saved with embedded control characters. This can happen when copying and pasting rich text data from elsewhere.
Version 6.1.2 - 2 Jul 2013
- Improved performance of Audit and Transaction reports.
Version 6.1.1 - 16 Jun 2013
- Minor bug fixes in the way the device id is stored when using Online Sync. Prior versions stored the device's password in the keychain and derived the device id each time. Both are now stored in the keychain in preparation for iOS 7 due later this year.
Version 6.1 - 30 May 2013
- Fixed issue where "Receive payment" for a stock sale could cause the devaluation lines to disappear.
- Changed backup reminder time to midnight.
Version 6.0.9 - 21 May 2013
- Products are sorted alphabetically in account selection screen.
- Fixed an issue where detail lines in estimates could be blank after adding a new split and setting the amount.
- Fixed an issue where repeating sale transactions for products could cause the app to quit unexpectedly.
Version 6.0.7 - 18 May 2013
- Added reminders for making backups. Select weekly or monthly.
- Fixed issue where navigation bar could disappear when using the search option in the text entry screen on iPhone.
- Fixed issue where re-saving an existing sale transaction for a stock product that has reached zero qty may remove the associated stock devaluation entry.
- The Customer screen now includes an "Add new Customer" line at the top for users with large numbers of customers.
- Minor UI changes.
Version 6.0.6 - 15 May 2013
- Fixed issue where sync screen was sometimes hidden.
- Fixed issue where Restore button on iPhone add-ons screen was too far to the left and could display partially off-screen.
- Fixed issue where opening balance was displayed for stock and services when running on iPhone.
- Fixed issue where adding a split to a new product sale could blank the detail field.
- Fixed issue where deleting last account in a section could cause the app to quit unexpectedly.
Version 6.0 - 10 May 2013
- Added a new help system. Just tap ((helpbutton.png)) for help on any screen.
- Added support for stock and service products including quantity pricing.
- Added new reports for stock and best-sellers.
- Added Qty field to customer invoices.
- Improved the invoice layout, including more flexible footer height.
- Improved the sync screen to incorporate login and links to My Account.
- Improved the settings screens, including hints for Account Settings and Business Settings.
- Improved the UI by removing the + button in favour of an "add new..." line at the bottom of lists.
- Changed the sort order for P&L report, listing highest amounts in each section first.
Version 5.5.9 - 1 Mar 2013
- Fixed issue affecting customer aged debt report where container accounts and opening balances were set.
Version 5.5.8 - 25 Feb 2013
- Updated aged debt reports to include customer/supplier accounts with opening balance and no transactions.
- Updated balance sheet report to show current assets and liabilities together with better treatment of overdrawn bank accounts and customers with pre-payments.
- Added option to exclude asset accounts from VAT return.
Version 5.5.6 - 29 Jan 2013
- Changes to VAT report for purchase of EC goods and services (affecting UK flat rate scheme users).
- Supplier invoice copies changed to show company logo.
- Added secondary reminders for VAT and year end.
- Fixed an issue where copying an existing business with container accounts and setting opening balances failed to update the container balance in the new business.
Version 5.5.5 - 29 Jan 2013
- Fixed an issue where the passcode keypad could be displayed off-screen on the iPad if the device entered sleep mode while editing text.
Version 5.5.4 - 4 Jan 2013
- Time Tracker description entry changed to a multi-line field.
- Added support for background syncing.
- Added support for sharing businesses with another user as read-only.
- Added the detail field to the Transaction List report.
- Transaction report now allows you to select a container account, showing all transactions in contained accounts.
- Sync improvements, including automatic conflict resolution. To continue using Sync, all users should update to this version of the app.
Version 5.4.2 - 16 Nov 2012
- Fixes an issue introduced in version 5.4.1 where Time Tracker only showed the customers for the first worker.
Version 5.4.1 - 8 Nov 2012
- Performance improvements for businesses with large numbers of accounts (1000+).
- Fixed a display issue on the Estimates screen where container accounts were not filtered properly.
Version 5.4 - 26 Oct 2012
- The Transaction Report now waits for an account to be selected before running.
- The Audit Report includes the detail description from each transaction.
- Sales invoices sent as PDF now include a breakdown summary of VAT percentages charged.
- Added support for negative VAT amounts in split transactions.
Version 5.3 - 16 Oct 2012
- Added compatibility for iPhone 5.
- Added next & previous buttons to reports.
Version 5.2 - 23 Aug 2012
- Added a new calendar style date entry screen.
- Added a list of transactions not linked to a VAT account to the VAT report.
- Improved start up time when using passcode.
- Recurring transactions are automatically created in the background when using Online Sync.
- VAT entered in old transactions is displayed on invoices if the business de-registers from VAT.
- Fixed issue where dates after year 2038 caused the app to crash.
- Fixed 24/12 hour clock detection in Time Tracker
- Fixed an issue where the master list in the iPad could display as full-screen when running in portrait orientation on a first generation iPad under low memory conditions.
Version 5.1 - 23 Jun 2012
- When syncing, all businesses are updated rather than one at a time.
- Fixed issue where invoice text was printed over the amount field.
- Complex passwords now allowed in Online Sync.
- Smaller memory footprint when processing Online Sync updates.
- Output CSV number fields as numbers instead of strings.
- Run VAT report over any date range (ignores balances in VAT accounts at start).
- Moved add-ons button to left side to avoid accidental tap when saving a transaction.
- Online sync retains past backup files (available from your sync account).
Version 5.0 - 25 May 2012
- Backup to Dropbox, Box.net, SkyDrive, Evernote (etc.) as well as by email.
- Send invoices, statements and reports to Print Sharing, Dropbox, Box.net, SkyDrive, Evernote (etc.)
- Removed iTunes file sharing.
- Added support for creating estimates/quotations.
- Added search to statement screen to help people with many customer accounts.
- Added swipe gesture to delete transactions and estimates.
- Added a setting to show or hide the rate name in invoices created from Time-Tracker.
- Added an option for custom email body text for invoices and statements.
- Added counters to display the number of transactions and time entries in settings > information.
- Added more search options on sales and purchases screens to search paid and/or unpaid.
- Invoice footer colour changed from blue to dark grey.
- Dates and times are presented in local time (backups, reports).
- Devices that have not connected to the Online Sync system in the last 90 days are removed from the system automatically.
- Fixed issue where pressing "today" button could set the date as the next or previous day.
- Fixed issue where blue dots were missing in Online Sync to show new items.
- Fixed issue where a tall "from address" in invoice did not display properly.
- Fixed issue where restoring backup files created with version 3.9.6 or earlier could overwrite your current app settings.
Version 4.9 - 15 Mar 2012
- Added new "Transaction Report" to list all entries for a single account.
- Changed iPad text entry boxes to auto-save when dismissed
- Invoice now attached as MIME type "application/octet-stream" instead of pdf to help users reporting their client's can't read the PDFs
- Added retina default images for iPad 3
- Fixed tick to use smaller, prettier one
Version 4.8 - 4 Mar 2012
- Added search (iOS 5 only).
- When composing email, leaving the app no longer cancels the draft email.
Version 4.7 - 31 Jan 2012
- Recurring payments are created the morning of the due date.
- An option to register for Online Sync is available from the device if the add-on has been purchased using in-app purchase.
Version 4.6 - 13 Jan 2012
- Fixed iPhone online sync sign in screen.
- Fixed incl.VAT entry.