It is important to keep your copy of Easy Books updated. We are always working to make the app better, making improvements to the performance or usability, adding new features and most importantly, fixing problems.
How do I update?
The method you use to update the app depends on where you originally downloaded it from.
I downloaded from the web site
If you downloaded from the web site, run Easy Books and choose Check for Updates... from the main menu bar. You may find that Easy Books automatically checks for updates when you run it.
I downloaded from the Mac App Store
If you installed Easy Books from the Mac App Store, run the App Store app and click the Updates button in the top toolbar.
I don't know which one I have
If you're unsure of which copy you are running, please run Easy Books and click About Easy Books from the main menu bar.
Version 7 (macOS 10.13 or later)
Version 7.7.4 - 15 Oct 2018
- Fixed an issue affecting statement selection. When adding an attachment to an old statement the selected statement should not have updated afterwards
Version 7.7.3 - 14 Oct 2018
- It's now easier to locate a transaction shown on the Audit report. Transaction ID's are shown in the TID column. If you need to find a specific transaction by its ID, view the 'All Transactions' list and type the TID in the search field.
Version 7.7.2 - 17 Sep 2018
- Internal improvements (reduced memory usage when displaying and adding new attachments)
Version 7.7.1 - 12 Sep 2018
- Fixed an issue that could cause the app to close unexpectedly when running comparison reports.
Version 7.7 - 18 Jun 2018
- Compatible with macOS 10.14 "Mojave".
- Added support for filing VAT returns online (UK "MTD", currently in Beta).
- The Accounts panel now remembers its width.
- Improved display of invoices on small screens. These are now scaled to fit the available space.
Version 7.6.5 - 31 May 2018
- Fixed an issue affecting VAT Transactions report.
Version 7.6.4 - 11 May 2018
- Added a warning message when dragging a contact on to an existing account.
- Fixed an issue preventing receipts showing for payment transactions with splits in different categories (eg cash, bank).
Version 7.6.3 - 16 Feb 2018
- Improved the selection of default currency to show when adding a transaction in an account using a foreign currency (Gold Plan only).
Version 7.6.2 - 30 Jan 2018
- Improvements to Online Syncing. Fixes a problem where changes made offline could be transmitted out of sequence and cause conflict errors.
Version 7.6.1 - 28 Jan 2018
- UI Improvements for Online Syncing. The time your Mac was last 'in sync' is displayed in the Online Syncing screen.
Version 7.6 - 12 Jan 2018
- Fields in a transaction list that exceed the available space show their full content in a tooltip.
- Sale transactions also list their line items in a tooltip when hovering over the invoice number.
- The default font size has been increased by 10%. You can choose the size of text using the menu bar under View > Make Text Bigger.
- Improvements to statements. When taking a transaction off a statement, it no longer drops to the last line in the un-reconciled list. Instead, it moves to the top line.
- When duplicating a foreign currency transaction with a user defined exchange rate, Easy Books looks up a new rate when the transaction date is set.
Version 7.5.7 - 11 Jan 2018
- Fixed an issue affecting reports. When running a MacBook Pro with TouchBar, and the accessibility keyboard or VoiceOver enabled (under System Preferences > Accessibility), running the Profit & Loss caused the app to quit unexpectedly.
- Fixed an issue affecting the text displayed in App Preferences. Some words were clipped.
Version 7.5.6 - 10 Jan 2018
- Internal improvements
Version 7.5.5 - 9 Jan 2018
- Fixed an issue where two businesses could appear ticked in the business selection dropdown.
Version 7.5.4 - 9 Jan 2018
- Fixed an issue affecting the layout of the backup window for older versions of macOS
Version 7.5.3 - 18 Dec 2017
- Added keyboard shortcut Cmd + P to print invoices from the Sales screen.
Version 7.5.2 - 13 Dec 2017
- Improved layout of the backup window.
Version 7.5.1 - 12 Dec 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting the manual re-arrangement of columns in screens showing lists of transactions.
Version 7.5 - 11 Dec 2017
- Create customer and supplier accounts by dragging and dropping from Contacts.
Version 7.4 - 7 Dec 2017
- Added an option to set an end date for repeating transactions.
Version 7.3.2 - 28 Nov 2017
- Added an option to view "All Transactions" for Customers and Suppliers.
- Fixed an issue affecting Easy Books after upgrading to macOS High Sierra. Some customers reported the app crashed on launch which we have tracked down to a problem accessing its Keychain item. The app now reports the failure properly before closing and recommends using Keychain Access to delete the item "Easy Books Sync".
Version 7.3.1 - 15 Nov 2017
- Fixed a minor issue with the option buttons when choosing which template for creating a new business.
Version 7.3 - 1 Nov 2017
- New options added to reports. Select from some preset date ranges rather than set the dates manually. Each report remembers its settings to save time when you're switching from one report to another.
- Added an option to sort accounts in the reports by name or by amount.
Version 7.2.3 - 7 Oct 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting estimates. Fields were incorrectly shown read-only.
Version 7.2.2 - 2 Oct 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting date and text fields running on macOS High Sierra.
Version 7.2.1 - 29 Sep 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting import from CSV.
Version 7.2 - 26 Sep 2017
- Added paste support into attachments window.
- Improved drag and drop support for attachments (drag content as well as files).
- Performance and stability improvements.
Version 7.1 - 20 Sep 2017
- Attachments can now be added to accounts and products as well as transactions, estimates and statements.
Version 7.0.1 - 18 Sep 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting the 'share' button in the invoice window.
Version 7.0 - 15 Sep 2017
- Attachments. For Gold Plan customers, attach photos, PDF and text documents to transactions, estimates and statements. When you prepare an estimate, attach your calculations so you can refer to it if you need to. Take photos of receipts and attach them to your expense entries. And when you've reconciled a statement, attach the bank's copy as source information. For information, see Using Attachments.
- Drag and drop transactions such as sales, receipts and payments to create a PDF. You can select more than one at a time, which can be useful if you want to archive a number of invoices.
- Drag to manually reorder transactions with the same date.
Version 6 (macOS 10.10 or later)
Version 6.2.8 - 17 Aug 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting the Balance Sheet. Certain conditions could cause the figure for 'Total Assets' in the comparison report to be calculated incorrectly. If a figure in 'Current Assets and Liabilities' appeared as an asset in one year and liability in another, total asset values in the comparison report were shown incorrectly.
Version 6.2.7 - 10 Jul 2017
- Compatibility with macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
- Fixed an issue affecting stock qty and value shown in the side panel. After entering a purchase or sale, the values were not immediately updated.
Version 6.2.6 - 1 Jul 2017
- Further improvements to the caching system.
- When changing the name of the VAT scheme, names of VAT accounts are also updated.
Version 6.2.5 - 16 Jun 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting VAT selection in the transaction form.
Version 6.2.4 - 14 Jun 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting the Accounts list. This was not updated immediately after changes were made to the "Show Inactive Items" preference.
Version 6.2.3 - 12 Jun 2017
- Fixed a caching issue affecting the display of latest statement dates in the accounts panel. After a statement is saved, the accounts panel is re-loaded to update the latest date.
Version 6.2.2 - 2 Jun 2017
- Fixed a caching issue affecting the display of transactions after being added to a statement. Transactions are re-loaded for display when a statement is saved.
Version 6.2.1 - 1 Jun 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting the display of estimates.
Version 6.2 - 31 May 2017
- Speed improvements of 30% or greater when showing lists and editing transactions. If you have over 50,000 transactions or 10,000 accounts, you'll notice the difference!
- Added a query cache system to further speed up responsiveness.
- Improved search functionality to include customer detail fields (email address, invoice address and notes).
- Improved the time taken to restore from backup or start syncing a new business.
Version 6.1 - 25 May 2017
- Improved searching in transactions. The details field is now searched as well as the main description field. You can also search by date or range of dates.
- Thank you for your feedback! See April 2017 Survey Results.
Version 6.0.13 - 20 May 2017. (Direct download only)
- Clicking on a sale, purchase or payment transaction in a report now shows the invoice in the thumbnail view.
- Fixed an issue affecting date fields. When entering just the day and month, sometimes the year could be pre-filled with the previous year.
Version 6.0.12 - 16 May 2017. (Direct download only)
- Improved searching by date or range of dates. Use the search dropdown to select "Search in Dates", then enter a date or range (e.g. 01/01/2016 - 31/12/2016).
- Statement opening balances that differ from the expected amount are highlighted in red to draw attention to a possible error.
- Fixed an issue affecting receipts for partial invoice payments. When an invoice was manually marked as fully paid, the receipt should still have been showing the partial amount, but was showing the full invoice amount.
Version 6.0.11 - 5 Apr 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting receipts for partial payments. When sending a receipt for a sale that was partially paid and has subsequently been fully paid, the amount on the receipt incorrectly showed the total amount paid. For invoices fully paid in one payment, the invoice details are shown on the receipt. For partial payments, only the amount paid is shown.
Version 6.0.10 - 2 Apr 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting payments received in foreign currencies. When adding a payment for an invoice in a foreign currency, Easy Books should use the same currency as the original sale or purchase.
Version 6.0.9 - 23 Mar 2017
- Added an option to include subscription features in shared businesses. This means your accountant does not need to purchase their own subscription to use the app you choose the sharing mode 'full access'.
- Added XAF (Central African CFA Franc) currency.
- Fixed an issue in transaction ordering, placing the latest transaction created after transactions of the same date.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the UI from immediately updating after a subscription was purchased.
Version 6.0.8 - 8 Mar 2017
- Online Syncing always appears in the sidebar to allow access to "My Account" and to provide feedback when the amber or red status light appears.
- Added options under app preferences to show or hide the amber and red warnings. Amber indicates a business has no online copy, red indicates a manual backup is overdue.
- Internal improvements to Online Syncing.
Version 6.0.7 - 26 Feb 2017
- Improved the process of creating foreign currency estimates and sales for stock and services.
- Minor UI fixes for the menu bar.
Version 6.0.6 - 9 Feb 2017
- When a transaction has been reconciled to a statement and cannot be edited, you can now find out which statement(s) the transaction appears on by opening the transaction.
Version 6.0.5 - 28 Jan 2017
- Fixed an issue affecting the context menu for transactions. When selecting multiple sale transactions the “Add a tick” option was not shown.
Version 6.0.4 - 25 Jan 2017. (Direct download only)
- Improved performance when adding a payment to an invoice, especially for invoices with many line items.
- Updated currency symbols. These are less ambiguous, and display based on your system's region settings. In UK as an example, we disambiguate A$ for Australian Dollars and NZ$ for New Zealand Dollars.
- Improvements to the sign-in process.
- Small UI improvement on the statements screen.
Version 6.0.3 - 18 Jan 2017. (Direct download only)
- Added keyboard shortcut to speed up the process of adding a payment received when selecting a sale (Cmd Shift =).
- Select transactions from the same account and choose "Merge" to combine them into one transaction with splits. This may help if you create draft invoices regularly and want to combine them before sending to your customer.
Version 6.0.2 - 13 Jan 2017
- Added more descriptive text to the Online Syncing screen when the status is orange or red.
Version 6.0.1 - 28 Dec 2016
- If you have already purchased add-ons in previous versions of Easy Books, you can continue using them. We've updated the wording used in the app to try to make this clearer.
- The sync status light now shows orange if the business is not being backed up online, and turns red to indicate it is time to make a backup.
Version 6 - 23 Dec 2016
- Version 6 changes the pricing model of Easy Books. We no longer offer add-ons as separate one-time fees on each platform. Features are now available on a subscription basis and work on both iOS and Mac for a low monthly fee.
Version 5.4.1 - 31 Oct 2016. (Direct download only)
- Improvements to how Easy Books pre-fills values in transaction forms. Easy Books will learn based on previous entries, now also making use of transactions in the same account category.
- Improvements to statements. When an invalid statement date is set, a warning message will help identify why the date cannot be used.
Version 5.4 - 15 Oct 2016
- Improvements to invoices and estimates. Line item amounts are shown including tax when the Amount Entry preference is set to "Including tax".
Version 5.3.10 - 6 Oct 2016
- Improvements to suggested bank account in 'make a payment' and 'receive a payment' forms. When the form is displayed, the most recent payment history is taken into account when suggesting which linked account to use.
Version 5.3.9 - 4 Oct 2016
- Fixed an issue affecting users running macOS Sierra. When viewing a screen showing lists of transactions, the screen was slow to load.
Version 5.3.8 - 12 Sep 2016
- Fixed an issue affecting reports. If a control character is present in the business name, the report showed a blank page.
Version 5.3.7 - 9 Sep 2016
- More changes for compatibility with the next version of the operating system, macOS Sierra.
- Fixed an issue affecting the currency symbol appearing in the "each" column of an invoice.
Version 5.3.6 - 26 Aug 2016
- Changes for compatibility with the next version of the operating system, macOS Sierra.
Version 5.3.5 - 12 Aug 2016
- Fixed an issue affecting the 'All Stock Products' list where transactions contained splits of more than one product line.
Version 5.3.4 - 11 Aug 2016
- Fixed an issue affecting foreign currency payments received from a customer which includes defined fees as a split in line 2. Digits typed into line 2 appeared duplicated (as if typed twice).
Version 5.3.3 - 13 Jul 2016
- Changed wording for the Transaction Type when showing refund payments for credit notes.
Version 5.3.2 - 7 Jun 2016
- Fixed an issue affecting CSV import. When importing sale transactions by product name instead of account name the app could fail to recognise any tax fields.
Version 5.3.1 - 1 Jun 2016
- Fixed an issue affecting CSV import. Importing transactions with Account 1 selected as a customer account and Account 2 selected as a product incorrectly displayed an error message.
- Improved behaviour when adding new transactions. Previously, adding a transaction could start with defaults from previous transactions including those with inactive accounts. The app now excludes any inactive accounts and will only suggest linked accounts using previous transactions linked to those still active.
Version 5.3 - 25 May 2016
- Changed the Balance Sheet report to show Investment accounts under the heading "Long-term assets".
- Fixed an issue affecting the Monthly Breakdown report. When running the report for periods of 24 months or longer, the number of months was incorrect, leading to incorrect average (per month) figures.
Version 5.2.2 - 18 Mar 2016. (Direct download only)
- Fixed an issue affecting CSV files exported from the Monthly Breakdown report. When budget figures were included and percentage differences were greater than one thousand percent, the formatting was incorrect leading to extra cells appearing.
Version 5.2 - 8 Mar 2016
- Improvements to Online Sync. All updates are cross-checked after the database changes have been committed.
- Improvements to organisation of accounts. Accounts can now be moved from one container to another, or from their basic category into a container and vice-versa regardless of whether they have statements. This would otherwise lock the account into a single category or container.
- Fixed an issue affecting the import of transactions. Importing transactions to accounts with names containing brackets caused the import to fail with the error message "Category not found".
Version 5.1.3 - 10 Feb 2016
- Fixed an issue affecting received payments in foreign currency amounts. For sales raised in the business currency with a customer defined in the same currency, foreign currency payments received were not given a base currency equivalent amount.
Version 5.1.2 - 10 Feb 2016. (Direct download only)
- Fixed an issue affecting the Flat Rate (Cash) VAT scheme. Filing VAT under this scheme with adjustments for deferred VAT produced a different amount in the HMRC(VAT) account than shown on the report. If you have been affected by this issue, run the VAT Report, click "Undo Last Return" followed by "File Return". This will correct the accounts.
Version 5.1.1 - 25 Jan 2016
- Minor improvements and bug fixes.
Version 5.1 - 20 Dec 2015
- Added the currency XCD (East Caribbean Dollar).
- Added an option to turn off plain-speaking terms and instead use terms such as "Debit" and "Credit". This option is available under advanced preferences (option key).
- Added "type to select" in the Accounts, Customers and Suppliers list. This helps locate an account quickly if you have a long list. To use it, click the Accounts list panel and begin typing the first few letters of the account name.
- Fixed an issue affecting the presentation of aggregate sales and purchases in the VAT report. VAT was correctly reported in the main report and calculation, but if the sum of transactions per expense or income account was zero, the VAT was not displayed in the tables of aggregated sales and purchases.
Version 5.0.6 - 28 Nov 2015
- Improved the display of currency amounts. When a three letter currency code is used the extra padding before the first digit helps make the amount more easily legible.
- Improved behaviour of the sales list screen. Previously editing an item on the same date as another item would re-order it to the bottom of the list.
Version 5.0.5 - 24 Nov 2015. (Direct download only)
- Fixed an issue affecting the Trial Balance report. Under some circumstances the report could reload continuously.
Version 5.0.4 - 19 Nov 2015. (Direct download only)
- Fixed an issue affecting the Trial Balance report. If foreign currency accounts were grouped under a container the gains/losses figure was incorrectly reported.
- Fixed an issue where restoring from a backup containing foreign currency accounts may have caused the application to become unresponsive.
- Fixed a sync issue affecting the display of foreign currency balances in Accounts screen. Under certain conditions the balance was shown incorrectly after syncing changes. The issue was mitigated by running the Trial Balance report, which notices and fixes discrepancies.
- Fixed a sync issue where sales that were fully paid and entered using an older version of the app did not show the paid tick in the latest version. The issue was mitigated by running the Trial Balance report, which notices and fixes discrepancies.
Version 5.0.3 - 12 Nov 2015
- Fixed an issue in reports affecting the exchange rate gains table when shown. Part of the table could be blank with no further information visible.
Version 5.0.2 - 6 Nov 2015
- Fixed an issue affecting reports. Currency amounts were presented incorrectly if the region settings defined a comma for the decimal separator. This issue would affect anyone using currency formatting such as 1.234,56.
Version 5.0.1 - 5 Nov 2015. (Direct download only)
- Fixed an issue affecting the Best Sellers report. Credit notes are now taken into account.
- Exchange rates obtained from the web are shown in the exchange rate list along with rates set manually.
- Minor UI improvements.
Version 5 - 5 Nov 2015
- Multiple-currency support. Easy Books now includes support for 150+ foreign currencies. Many people have requested this feature and we're very pleased to have been able to add it in a way that doesn't affect single-currency businesses. For more information about it, see Using Foreign Currencies.
- Time tracker hours per day can now be set as a decimal number of hours.
- Added an automatic backup feature. When you update the app to a new version, a backup of all business data is taken and stored locally. You should still use the Easy Books Online Sync or manual backup feature to create your own backups and store them off-site.
- Fixed an issue where reports saved as ZIP format may have contained a blank HTML file.
- Fixed an issue affecting stock and services where the default sales price was set excluding tax but could be presented as inclusive of tax on invoices.
Version 4.7.3 - 8 Jul 2015.
- Minor changes to Profit and Loss report. Employee costs are now shown separately from the other indirect expenses.
Version 4.7.2 - 1 Jun 2015. (Direct download only)
- Fixed an issue where running the Profit and Loss report with cash accounting and no tax, income and expense accounts could cause the application to quit unexpectedly.
Version 4.7.1 - 26 May 2015
- The Profit and Loss report has been improved to show sub totals and gross profit.
- Fixed an issue where sidebar content could stay visible even when the sidebar was set to hidden.
- Fixed an issue affecting invoice layout for currencies that use a three letter currency code in place of a symbol.
Version 4.7 - 15 May 2015
- Invoices now include the currency code (ISO 4217) in the grand total line. Previously the app picked up the currency format from device settings. Whereas Easy Books is a single currency app, this prevented use of businesses with different exponents in the same device. For example, the British Pound contains 100 Pence, the Bahraini dinar is divided into 1,000 fils and the Vietnamese dong no longer uses a minor currency unit. A new business setting in Easy Books allows you to select the currency manually.
- The Profit and Loss report has been improved. You can now choose between accrual (standard) or cash basis accounting. When using cash accounting the value of unpaid invoices are applied as adjustments to the income and expenses. See the blog post Cash Accounting in Easy Books.
- Improved pre-filling of fields when entering a new transaction. The description text is now matched with previous entries and can be used as a cue for the app to pre-fill the other fields such as Account 2, amount and details.
- Customer and Supplier based reports now use today's date by default. Financial reports still run to the end of the open period.
- Non-billable hours in Time Tracker are now included in sales invoices.
- Fixed a UI issue affecting the translucent sidebar on Yosemite. When the menu bar was active the sidebar was not always properly redrawn, leaving opaque areas.
- Navigation between form fields using the Tab key has been improved. Forms now scroll to reveal the next field if it is not already visible.
- Fixed an issue affecting CSV export. The Qty field was not filled in for product transactions.
Version 4.6.8 - 27 Apr 2015. (Direct download only)
- Added a detailed VAT Breakdown section to invoices.
Version 4.6.7 - 25 Apr 2015. (Direct download only)
- Added a menu to navigation buttons in the report screen. Click and hold to navigate to a specific date (or range).
Version 4.6.6 - 23 Apr 2015. (Direct download only)
- Selecting "None" as the VAT account in a transaction now reads "Outside the Scope".
- Fixed an issue where sale transactions not linked to a VAT account were included in sales total. Transactions explicitly outside the scope of VAT are no longer included in this figure.
Version 4.6.5 - 23 Apr 2015. (Direct download only)
- Added manual "Check for updates..." menu.
- Added a keyboard shortcut to begin searching for a transaction. (CMD+F).
- Fixed an issue affecting PDF invoices. Lines containing zero VAT should not be presented in the breakdown area.
- Fixed an issue affecting that could cause the application to quit unexpectedly on startup.
Version 4.6.4 - 18 Apr 2015
- Improved auto-completion. Suggestions are listed in order from most to least common. Similar texts differing only by capitalisation are not listed.
Version 4.6.3 - 10 Apr 2015. (Direct download only)
- Fixed an issue affecting autocomplete where pasting text could attempt to autocomplete the last word.
Version 4.6.2 - 5 Apr 2015. (Direct download only)
- UI improvements.
Version 4.6.1 - 5 Apr 2015. (Direct download only)
- Fixed an issue affecting the Accounts panel where adding a transaction for a customer could collapse the list of customers.
Version 4.6 - 4 Apr 2015. (Direct download only)
- Form fields now use an auto-completion list to help save you time when entering text you've entered before.
- Fixed an issue on the transaction form where the tax account could be guessed incorrectly when entering just the tax amount into a new transaction.
Version 4.5.2 - 2 Apr 2015. (Direct download only)
- Fixed an issue affecting a disabled Save button in Time Tracker screens.
Version 4.5.1 - 31 Mar 2015. (Direct download only)
- Added the PO Reference field to the import process. For more information see Importing Transactions from a CSV File.
- Accounts in the selection dropdown lists are now sorted alphabetically instead of the order defined by the Accounts List panel.
- Invoice total to pay is now presented as bold text to make it clearer for your clients to find the amount to pay.
- Fixed an issue affecting drag and drop from the invoice preview to Mail. These can now be dragged into a new mail message window in the updated Apple Mail app.
- Improvements to report navigation.
Version 4.5 - 27 Mar 2015. (Direct download only)
- Import transactions from a CSV file into Easy Books. For further information about the format, see the online help at easybooksapp.com/help/mac/csv-import.
Version 4.4 - 20 Feb 2015. (Direct download only)
- Added buttons to re-order splits in an estimate or a sale.
- Added a new warning message when a transaction containing splits is about to be deleted.
- Changed the order of accounts in the Accounts panel, placing income accounts before expense accounts.
- Fixed an issue where deleting a transaction from the "All Transactions" list caused the selected account to change.
- Fixed an issue affecting correct recognition of years in typed dates.
Version 4.3.1 - 18 Feb 2015.
- Internal changes to Online Syncing.
Version 4.3 - 16 Feb 2015. (Direct download only)
- Added a new "VAT Transactions" report. This lists all the transactions that affect a VAT Return and can be run after the main report if you need to investigate the transactions that were used to prepare the report.
Version 4.2.19 - 2 Feb 2015.
- Fixed an issue affecting Time Tracker screen. If long descriptions were used the description spilled over the hours and balance columns.
- Fixed an issue affecting Time Tracker sales. The user preference for amounts to show amounts inclusive of tax could produce incorrect amounts in invoices. All rates should be defined as exclusive of tax and the preference should only change the way the amounts are presented on screen.
Version 4.2.18 - 21 Jan 2015. (Direct download only)
- Added the options to save and send reports from the File > Share menu.
- Fixed an issue affecting the invoice signature. The signature was not shown if there were no payment terms.
- Fixed an issue affecting the copying of a sale with linked payments. Initially the new sale appeared with the PAID logo incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue affecting repeating transactions for payments received. These did not link to original sale.
- Internal bug fixes and improvements.
Version 4.2.16 - 17 Jan 2015. (Direct download only)
- Fixed an issue where gaps could appear in the list of products, especially for large numbers of defined products.
Version 4.2.15 - 9 Jan 2015
- Fixed an issue where deleting a stock item or account could cause the application to freeze.
- Fixed an issue where deleting an account caused the accounts list to scroll to the top of the list.
Version 4.2.13 - 1 Jan 2015. (Direct download only)
- Internal stability improvements.
Version 4.2.11 - 30 December 2014. (Direct download only)
- Fixed an issue affecting users opening Easy Books the first-time.
Version 4.2.10 - 23 December 2014. (Direct download only)
- Fixed an issue affecting scrolling in the transaction form if large numbers of splits have been added.
Version 4.2.9 - 22 December 2014. (Direct download only)
- Further improvements to performance of Online Sync. We've reduced the amount of data transferred per change by 63%, giving faster performance.
Version 4.2.8 - 3 December 2014. (Direct download only)
- Performance improvements for automatic invoice number generation.
- Stability improvements to Online Syncing.
Version 4.2.7 - 27 November 2014. (Direct download only)
- Improvements to performance of Online Syncing, specifically when repeating transactions are created.
- Improvements to the Best Customers and Top Suppliers reports. These reports now include a breakdown of the invoices, credits, payments and refunds as well as the tax content.
Version 4.2.6 - 21 November 2014. (Direct download only)
- Fixed an issue where running the Transactions List report could cause the app to close unexpectedly.
- Added an option to show the description field in the Stock Report and Best Sellers Report.
- Fixed an issue where under some circumstances a blank line was shown in the Accounts List panel.
Version 4.2.4 - 19 November 2014. (Direct download only)
- Fixed an issue where the aggregate sales on the VAT Report did not show values for the VAT content column.
- Fixed an issue where customers with credit balances were included on the Aged Debt report.
- Performance improvements (Transaction Form).
Version 4.2.3 - 8 November 2014. (Direct download only)
- Fixed an issue affecting the Cash Flow report. Under certain rare conditions amounts could be displayed against other account names in the same general category.
Version 4.2.2 - 23 October 2014. (Direct download only)
- Fixed an issue where opening a sale form with many splits could show a popup that was impossible to scroll to the top.
Version 4.2.1 - 21 October 2014. (Direct download only)
- Added extra validation for accounts while being dragged. Any accounts with reconciled transactions should have a fixed category and it should not be possible to drag them to a new category.
Version 4.2 - 13 October 2014. (Direct download only)
- Added financial columns to the "Accounts by Category" report. Run this report over a time range to show the new sales and payments received for customer accounts (for example).
Version 4.1 - 9 October 2014. (Direct Download only)
- Added a new "Accounts by Category" report. This is useful for listing all customer accounts (for example).
- Added larger font size option (see the View menu).
- Transactions not yet reconciled on a statement are listed in date order.
- Fixed an issue where the add-ons screen failed to load under some conditions.
Version 4 - 1 October 2014. (Direct Download only)
- New design for OS X Yosemite.
- Switch between screens more quickly using the keyboard shortcuts shown in the new View menu.
- Use the new "Hide Sidebar" feature to make more space available for your content.
- Make the text bigger to make it more comfortable to read. Or smaller for those with high visual acuity!
- Control-click a line in the P&L or Balance Sheet report and choose "View Transactions" to find out what went into making that figure.
- Sort transactions by clicking on the column heading.
- Export all transactions shown in CSV format using the new Share menu.
- Navigate quickly between statements using the new navigation buttons. Statements are now grouped by financial period too.
- Customer statements now show the payment text unless the "Received with Thanks" custom label is filled in.
- Navigate between financial periods in reports using the new navigation buttons in the toolbar.
- Inactive (old) products are no longer shown in lists, making it easier to find the product you want when you're entering a sale.
- Add nearby devices to your Online Sync account quickly using the Online Syncing screen.
- Transactions by Account totals include tax amounts where appropriate.
- Added a new "Transactions by Category" report.
Version 3.5 - 20 May 2014
- When viewing contained accounts in the Profit and Loss report, the container accounts are shown on a separate line above.
- Credit note numbers are treated separately from sales and automatically incremented when creating a new credit.
- Stability improvements.
Version 3.4.5 - 25 Apr 2014. (Direct Download only)
- Improved process of adding a business as a copy of an existing one. Customer balances are transferred as opening balances to the new business with a calculated VAT content which is used when calculating deferred VAT. This applies to copied businesses using the Cash VAT scheme.
- Stability improvements.
Version 3.4.4 - 25 Apr 2014. (Mac App Store only)
- More improvements to Online Syncing. Push Notifications are used to trigger the sync process. If you're not already using Online Sync to keep your data securely backed up and in sync, find out about the service and give it a try. Register now at sync.easybooksapp.com.
Version 3.4.3 - 22 Apr 2014. (Direct Download only)
- Reconcile multiple transactions at once by selecting and tapping SPACE.
- Add a new transaction using CMD+= while editing the previous transaction. This speeds up the process of entering new transactions.
- Added the option to separate amounts shown in transaction lists into two columns.
- Select multiple transactions and right-click to move to another account in the same category.
Version 3.4.1 - 14 Apr 2014. (Direct Download Only)
- New sum indicator appears when selecting more than one transaction. Click on the sum for more options such as average, count, minimum and maximum amounts.
Version 3.4 - 11 Apr 2014
- Improved energy efficiency.
- Added support for more invoice numbering formats, e.g. "2014-0001".
Version 3.3.4 - 8 Apr 2014.
- Transactions dated in a filed VAT period but that don't affect the VAT report can now be added, edited and deleted. This takes the place of the previous behaviour of locking all transactions in a VAT period.
- Added warning message to the VAT report if running for a period later than the current one.
Version 3.3.3 - 2 Apr 2014.
- Improvements to remittance advice. These now list the items on the original purchase invoice.
Version 3.3.2 - 27 Mar 2014. (Direct Download Only)
- Improvements to accounts list layout, making better use of available space.
- Improvements to Online Syncing. If you're not already using Online Sync to keep your data securely backed up and in sync, find out about the service and give it a try. Register now at sync.easybooksapp.com.
- Improvements to power usage.
- Improved Cash Scheme VAT report for users filing their first period with opening balances set for customer accounts. No longer requires a manual adjustment when filing.
Version 3.3.1 - 10 Mar 2014.
- Changed Monthly Breakdown report to show accounts with nil balance that have a set budget amount. Previously accounts with no income or expense value were not shown but the budget amount was still included in the totals.
- Fixed an issue where using keyboard shortcut Cmd+= to add a new transaction while editing could cause the form to close.
- Fixed an issue affecting Estimates where VAT fields were shown even when VAT was turned off.
- Fixed an issue where the Sold column in Estimates was not updated to show estimates successfully converted to sales.
- Fixed an issue affecting cash scheme VAT where purchases not linked to a VAT account should not be used to apply adjustments for the cash scheme.
Version 3.3 - 6 Feb 2014.
- Added an option to show all accounts in the Trial Balance report, including those with zero (nil) balance.
- Fixed an issue affecting the creation of sales from Time Tracker which could default to a product sale based on previous sales to the same customer.
Version 3.2.2 - 31 Jan 2014. (Direct Download Only)
- Improved date recognition for two-digit dates.
Version 3.2.1 - 3 Feb 2014.
- Improved navigation from payment to sale in Customer transaction list.
- Added payment navigation into the sale form.
- Fixed an issue preventing Ctrl+Click from launching the context menu (right-click menu).
Version 3.2 - 22 Jan 2014.
- Added support for partial payments. Right-clicking on a sales invoice presents a menu listing the payments received and the option to add a new payment. Selecting an existing payment navigates to it.
- Sales invoices now include a payments received section.
- A4 or US-Letter page sizes are available for invoices, estimates etc.
- Best Customers report separated from Customer Aged Debt report.
- Added Top Suppliers report.
- Added tax amount columns to Best Customers and Top Suppliers reports.
- Current Qty and Valuation are shown in the stock products list.
- Added keyboard shortcut CMD+= to add a new transaction.
- Added options to search unpaid, paid, unlocked and locked transactions.
- Added PO (purchase order) reference for sales invoices.
- Added "Amount Each" column to invoices that show a Qty column.
- Changed sort order for reports that show contained accounts to group them together.
- Improved the system of defaulting the first VAT period end and first Year End dates. These are now based on the date of the first transaction.
- Updated example businesses.
- Changed account category names to use consistent plural form.
- Fixed an issue affecting the cash balances in the Cash Flow report when container accounts used in the bank account category.
- Fixed an issue affecting stock adjustments where the stock value is increased.
- Box 7 on VAT return (total purchases) does not include any purchases where the purchase VAT is set to "None".
Version 3.1.15 - 14 Nov 2013. (Direct Download Only)
- Fixed an issue in Customer Aged Debt where the report showed zero values
Version 3.1.14 - 12 Nov 2013. (Direct Download Only)
- Fixed an issue in app preferences affecting the "Show Inactive Items" checkbox.
Version 3.1.13 - 25 Nov 2013. (Mac App Store only. Last available version for OS X 10.7 Lion)
- Fixed an issue affecting sending invoices via email where the recipient and subject fields were not completed automatically.
Version 3.1.12 - 13 Nov 2013
- Fixed an issue when starting the app where the main window may not have appeared. This may have affected new machines that signed into Online Sync before restoring past add-on purchases.
Version 3.1.11 - 22 Oct 2013
- Fixed an issue where the invoice/statement thumbnail image was not displayed on OS X 10.9 "Mavericks".
Version 3.1.10 - 17 Oct 2013
- Fixed an issue where reports were not displayed on a machine that had the English language disabled.
- Fixed an issue where printing a report directly from the app only printed the first two pages.
Version 3.1.9 - 5 Oct 2013
- Performance improvements to Online Sync.
Version 3.1.7 - 24 Sep 2013
- Improved Online Sync.
Version 3.1.5 - 25 Jul 2013
- Fixed an issue where the sales details field removed new-line characters.
Version 3.1.4 - 18 Jul 2013
- Improved performance of Audit and Transaction reports.
- Fixed an issue where the app could quit unexpectedly when switching to Personal Accounts after viewing a VAT report.
Version 3.1.3 - 13 Jul 2013 (Direct Download)
- Fixed an issue where reports could display a blank page if transactions were saved with embedded control characters. This can happen when copying and pasting rich text data from elsewhere.
Version 3.1.1 - 28 Jun 2013 (Direct Download Only)
- Improved performance of Audit and Transaction reports.
Version 3.1 - 27 May 2013
- Added in-app help, linking to web site.
- Added fields for setting the email body text when sending invoices, statements and estimates.
- Added estimate terms to business settings and customer account settings.
- Changed email output so it sets the "to", "subject" and "body" fields.
- Changed product description field to multi-line.
- Fixed issue where invoices may contain a second blank page.
Version 3.0.11 - 22 May 2013 (Direct download version)
- Added paid column to stock and services screens (if invoices are marked as paid).
- Invoice number generation ignores credit notes.
- Hours and Days text labels in Time Tracker can now be changed by the user.
- Fixed an issue where "Receive Payment" for a stock product sale could remove the stock devaluation.
- Fixed an issue where products could not be added if they were named the same as product in a different business.
Version 3.0.10 - 19 May 2013 (Direct download version)
- Products are sorted alphabetically in popup menus.
- Fixed an issue where detail lines in estimates could be blank after adding a new split and setting the amount.
- Fixed an issue where repeating sale transactions for products could cause the app to quit unexpectedly.
Version 3.0.8 - 15 May 2013 (Direct download version)
- Fixed issue where saving an existing stock sale where the stock reduced to zero qty could cause the existing devaluation line to be removed.
- Fixed issue where adding a split to a new estimate caused the amount in the first split to change to zero.
- Fixed issue where stock devaluation records were editable. These are reserved for use by Easy Books.
- Fixed issue where creating a sale from an estimate did not immediately update the list to show the tick.
Version 3.0.7 - 14 May 2013
- Added reminders to backup (OS X "Mountain Lion" only).
- Paid tick is shown on Customers and Suppliers screens.
- Fixed issue where Notes field was missing in Account Details screen.
Version 3.0.5 - 10 May 2013 (Direct download version)
- Changes to welcome screen
Version 3.0 - 10 May 2013
- Added support for stock and service products including quantity pricing.
- Added new reports for stock and bestsellers.
- Added Qty field to customer invoices.
- Improved the invoice layout, including more flexible footer height.
- Improved the settings screens, including hints for Account Settings and Business Settings.
- Changed the sort order for P&L report, listing highest amounts in each section first.
Version 2.6.18 - 27 Feb 2013
- Fixed issue affecting customer aged debt report where container accounts and opening balances were set.
- Fixed issue where the calendar did not appear properly.
Version 2.6.17 - 26 Feb 2013
- Added the option to exclude asset accounts from VAT (for purchases of investments).
- Updated balance sheet report to show current assets and liabilities together with better treatment of overdrawn bank accounts and customers with pre-payments.
- Updated aged debt reports to include customer/supplier accounts with opening balance and no transactions.
- Performance improvements.
- Shows "(multiple)" in Account column for split transactions that split to different accounts.
Version 2.6.11 - 7 Feb 2013 (Direct download version)
- Changes to VAT report for purchase of EC goods and services (affecting UK flat rate scheme users).
- Supplier invoice copies changed to show company logo.
- Added secondary reminders for VAT and year end (Mountain Lion only).
- Fixed an issue where copying an existing business with container accounts and setting opening balances failed to update the container balance in the new business.
Version 2.6.10 - 24 Jan 2013
- Fixed an issue where navigating to payment from the sales popup window could cause the app to become unresponsive.
Version 2.6.6 - 17 Jan 2013
- Time Tracker rate input field changed to make it quicker to change by keyboard.
- Fixed an issue where restoring a business that was previously syncing could cause it to instead download the latest online copy.
- Fixed an issue where deleting a business while editing the name or invoice address could cause the edit to be made in the next selected business after deletion.
Version 2.6.5 - 4 Jan 2013
- Time Tracker description entry changed to a multi-line field.
- Added support for background syncing.
- Added support for sharing businesses with another user as read-only.
- Fixed a sync issue where "Add a tick" in the sales screen could sometimes cause conflicts.
- Added the detail field to the Transaction List report.
- Transaction report now allows you to select a container account, showing all transactions in contained accounts.
- Sync improvements, including automatic conflict resolution. To continue using Sync, all users should update to this version of the app.
Version 2.5.0 - 29 Nov 2012 (Direct download version)
- Added support for Macbook Pro with Retina display.
- Amount fields now support using x (as well as *) for multiplication symbol.
- Fixed an issue where restoring purchases to an OS X 10.7 "Lion" machine could cause the app to quit unexpectedly.
Version 2.4.8 - 16 Nov 2012 (Mac App Store version)
- Added the option to purchase Online Syncing 6 (six months syncing) with in-app purchase.
Version 2.4.7 - 8 Nov 2012 (Direct download version)
- Fixed issue where five page invoices only showed the first four pages.
Version 2.4.5 - 17 Oct 2012 (Direct download version)
Version 2.4.5 - 1 Nov 2012 (Mac App Store version)
- Added support for negative VAT amounts in split transactions.
- Fixed an issue where debugging information from v2.3 and v2.4 was sent to the system logs (/private/var/log).
Version 2.4.3 - 15 Oct 2012 (Direct download version)
- Added support for multiple selections. This can be used to delete multiple transactions quickly, or to mark a selection of sales/purchases as paid.
- The Transaction Report now waits for an account to be selected before running.
- The Audit Report includes the detail description from each transaction.
- Transactions that are reconciled to a statement always display in grey.
- Sales invoices sent as PDF now include a breakdown summary of VAT percentages charged.
Version 2.4.2 - 8 Oct 2012 (Direct download version)
- Added context menu to accounts list.
- Easier setup of container accounts by dragging one account into another (empty) one.
- Better scrolling and initial selection of accounts.
Version 2.3.7 - 3 Oct 2012 (Direct download version)
- Added calculator functionality to value fields.
Version 2.3.6 - 2 Oct 2012 (Direct download version)
- Added restore button to add-ons screen to restore past purchases.
Version 2.3.5 - 28 Sep 2012 (Direct download version)
- Changed Debit/Credit button into text based selection for easier keyboard navigation.
- Added buttons to navigate between report date ranges more easily.
- Fixed an automatic update issue in 2.2.8.
Version 2.2.8 - 12 Sep 2012
- Added compatibility for Mountain Lion.
- Added list of transactions outside VAT to the report.
- Added a feature where non-selected businesses sync automatically in the background if you are using our Online Sync service.
- Added reminders for year end and VAT period end.
- Added "exclude from VAT" setting to income and expense accounts to allow users to exclude income such as Interest Earned from VAT reports
- Old invoices continue to show VAT (if present) after VAT de-registration.
- Fixed an issue where the app would crash on Mountain Lion when the network connection was lost.
- Fixed an issue where date entry text did not set the required date.
Version 2.2.6 - 13 Aug 2012
- Fixed issue where recurring transactions were not synchronised with the Online Sync service.
Version 2.2 - 27 Jul 2012
- Added compatibility for Mountain Lion.
- Added list of transactions outside VAT to report.
- Old invoices continue to show VAT (if present) after VAT de-registration.
- Fixed an issue where date entry text did not set the required date.
Version 2.1 - 25 Jun 2012
- When syncing, all businesses are updated rather than one at a time.
- Fixed issue where invoice text was printed over the amount field.
- Complex passwords now allowed in Online Sync.
- Smaller memory footprint when processing Online Sync updates.
- Output CSV number fields as numbers instead of strings.
- Run VAT report over any date range (ignores balances in VAT accounts at start).
- Online sync retains past backup files (available from your sync account).
Version 2.0 - 25 May 2012
- Added support for creating estimates / quotations.
- Added a menu option to backup license files (only available on the web site version).
- Added keyboard shortcut to add items such as transactions, splits, time entries (Cmd +).
- Added a setting to show or hide the rate name in invoices created from Time-Tracker.
- Added an option for custom email body text for invoices and statements.
- Statement date field now allows text entry.
- Time entries on Time-Tracker can be entered in text format (in 24 hour or 12 hour plus "PM" format).
- Invoice footer colour changed from blue to dark grey.
- Dates and times are presented in local time (backups, reports).
- Devices that have not connected to the Online Sync system in the last 90 days are removed from the system automatically.
- Changed column heading for sales and purchases to read "Invoice Number" instead of "Description" and "Customer" instead of "Account 1".
- Improved keyboard navigation on transaction editor popup to allow account selection by arrow keys and return key with tab to select next field.
- Fixed issue where pressing "today" button could set the date as the next or previous day.
- Fixed issue where blue dots were not displayed in Online Sync to show new events.
- Fixed issue where inactive container accounts were not hidden in account category selection menu.
- Fixed issue where setting report format to CSV saved in HTML if Finder preferences were set to hide file extension.
Version 1.4 - 6 Apr 2012
- Accounts listed in case-insensitive order.
- Fixed customer invoicing addition bug for multiple pages.
- Fixed selection of container accounts (mac)
- Statement detail contains read only labels until edit button pressed.
Version 1.3 - 13 Mar 2012
- Added new "Transaction Report" to list entries in one account.
- Store Apple in-app purchase receipts between updates.
Version 1.2 - 02 Mar 2012
- Fixed display of invoice logo when wider than 4cm x 2cm.
- Hides document type selection (invoice / delivery note etc.) when only one type available.
- Fixed crash when saving statement
- Added search syntax "1000-" meaning show transactions of value 1000.00 or more.
- Added invoice preview to time-tracker screen.
Version 1.1 - 24 Feb 2012
- Added search to search for transactions.
- Added keyboard shortcut CMD+D to duplicate
- Added keyboard shortcut CMD+T to toggle debit/credit when editing
Version 1.0 - 21 Feb 2012
- First version